Arugula Pesto – fast & self-made
Like so many other vegetables, arugula is particularly aromatic and delicious when it's in season, namely in summer. Therefore, I prepare my arugula Pesto one of the most in the summer because it is particularly tasty. When I was in the autumn/Winter, a slight sense of melancholy after the summer 😉 grabs, however .
• Directly to the recipe • recipe •print
For me it is always amazing how quickly and easily this magnificent sauce is. With fresh ingredients arugula tastes Pesto-so delicious and definitely much better for my taste than a purchased Pesto from the jar. In a container or in a screw-type glass clasp You can homemade Pesto for at least a month in the fridge. However, it is important that You cover the Pesto with a layer of olive oil.
ARUGULA SALAD PLAYS THE MAIN ROLE IN MY SIMPLE ARUGULA PESTO
Fresh, locally grown You get arugula from April to September. However, arugula is now almost all year round. If you think about it, however, that in the 80s arugula in this country as a weed has been...? Tsss ...actually, can you believe it? So something Delicious and Healthy, we have to leave the left. Thanks to the Italian kitchen, once again, we have been in a culinary convert. What a luck for my arugula Pesto 😉
Rocket man or doesn't love, I think. I belong to the first group. I can't get enough of it. Because he makes for my taste, from so much of the flavor is something very special. He is also for me as a Pesto variant is a nice change, because Pesto is so versatile.
HEALTHY PESTO FITS SO MANY OCCASIONS
You can have my arugula Pesto as you would any other Pesto with a little pasta water heats up with noodles and serve. Or it also as a bread spread, use, for example, on toasted Baguette slices as an Appetizer or on the Buffet. It is also very tasty as a base for Sandwiches or occupied Mini-Baguettes. Delicious also as a Topping on tomatoes. You see, an arugula Pesto that suits many occasions 🙂
Another delicious Pesto variation for Pasta is my simple lamb's lettuce Pesto. Or a great recipe for red Pesto in my simple Italian pasta salad.
Arugula Pesto - quick & easy self-made
- 50 g of arugula - without stems
- 40 g Pecorino cheese - freshly grated
- 40 g Parmesan cheese - freshly grated
- 20 g of pine nuts - finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic - finely chopped
- 6-7 TBSP olive oil
- 2 TABLESPOONS lemon juice - freshly squeezed
- 1/2 TSP ground chili pepper
- 1/4 TSP salt
- First you feed You arugula: the stems and removegood wash and shake dry.
- Then You rubbing the Parmesan and the Pecorino.
- Then the garlic and the pine nuts finely chop.
- Now You give all the ingredients in a blender and season with the 2 TBSP of lemon juice, salt and ground chili pepper.
- All the ingredients mix and 6-7 TBSP virgin olive oill add.
- You can use the Pesto classic with some of the pasta water heated to serve the pasta. Or is it as a spread on Bread as Crostini. It is also delicious as a base for Sandwiches or occupied Mini-Baguettes.I wish You a good appetite!