Fillet of beef Rahmgulasch à la francaise
[CONTAINS ADVERTISING] When I was traveled for the first Time to France 15 years old. My dear uncle took my brother and me to Paris. I know there are voices who say that Paris is not France. Just as there are voices who say that New York is not America. But I as a tourist do but since there are no differences, and Paris is in France. So please!
• Directly to the recipe • recipe •print
Anyway, my uncle together with your Luggage transported us into his small, aging car and drove with us to the West. I submit to you today that I've seen on this car trip the most beautiful sunset of my life. With 15, full of excitement and anticipation to the city of fashion, love and good food. "La vie en rose", I say only.
On the first evening we were in his friends, in the midst of Paris, and You can imagine, we ate several courses felt until late in the night. The Motto is saved somewhere else, never on the food. What I do know since then, and again later have experienced is that eating is for the majority of our French neighbours is an important part of daily life. The love of good ingredients and respect for animals is deeply rooted. They also like to talk about the food, about the composition, the different types of preparation and of course the matching wines. You can also place a very high value on agricultural traditions, and regionality, so also where the ingredients come from.
THE CHAROLAIS BEEF IS A SPECIAL BEEF FROM FRANCE
For me, it has to know, for example, is of special significance where the meat comes from, the food my family and I. Because I firmly believe that only happy and healthy animals can develop the best meat. For me, it is a matter of honor that I buy meat from sustainable farming to the animals in some way give something back.
Cattle breeding in France is not only sustainable, but even a centuries-old Tradition. The animals are still kept for the most part, in very original farms, which have just 56 cattle in average. Allowed to move freely on the Lawn or in the barn. They eat fresh grass and herbs, as well as hay and Gärfutter, which in turn comes from their own controlled cultivation. The breeders take care of every single one of their animals, as required by the Tradition, we must imagine time. For this purpose, each animal has an individual cattle passport which is his life from birth to the meat counter completely traceable.
What impressed me is that there are a whopping 22 breeds of cattle in France, because I have brought to France, never with cattle breeding in connection. Including special breeds, and hot as: Limousin, Blonde d'aquitaine or the Charolais beef. The meat of these breeds of cattle is of a very special quality, very aromatic, tender and juicy, and a uniform fine-marbled meat.
I came in the enjoyment of Charolais cattle for the development of this recipe. The French meat Association, Interbev, and the magazine EatSmarter! asked me if I would like to create a recipe under the Motto "soul food for the fall". Since my men and I very much liked to eat high-quality meat, I was winning of course and fortunately I got the part piece of beef tenderloin.
FILLET OF BEEF RAHMGULASCH – SO EASY AND DELICIOUS
For me it was quickly clear, if my recipe is to pamper the body but also the soul, it takes quite a lot of delicious sauce. Ergo, a fillet of beef Rahmgulasch it should be. I wanted to use ingredients in French cuisine frequently application. Such as, for example, cream, so cream, cream Fraiche, Butter and not to forget the Dijon mustard and shallots. Added to this were then still small Cornichons (spicy pickles).
A QUICK RAHMGULASCH WITH THE BEST OF THE BEEF
My fillet of beef Rahmgulasch is a simple and quickly-made soul-food court created with the best of the Charolais beef, the You can buy in well-stocked grocery retail stores or at various Online meat retailers, should You want to try. It simply tastes delicious and is really something very Special.
From the Baguette, on a homemade potato-Pü to pasta, rice or homemade bread dumplings fit very many inserts to my fillet of beef Rahmgulasch. If You noodles time to do it yourself, here You can find my simple pasta recipe.
For stew Fans, can I give You my classic beef stew recommend.
Fillet of beef Rahmgulasch à la Française
- 500 g fillet of beef, for example, from the French Charolais beef - cut into cubes
- 150 g shallots - in a quarter or eighth of a shared
- 100 g small gherkins (spicy pickles) - sliced and cut into small pieces
- 250 ml of Beef stock - homemade or from the jar
- 250 g cream
- 50 g Creme Fraiche
- 3 TABLESPOONS Cornichon cucumber water
- 2 TBSP Dijon mustard
- 1 TBSP brown sugar
- 2 TBSP clarified butter
- 1 TSP Butter
- Salt and black pepper - for Seasoning/to Taste
- Your valuable beef fillet, You should be about 20 minutes before cooking from the fridge , so it's not too cold before You process them. In addition, You can do it with a kitchen towel , if necessary Pat dry.
- Then You cut the beef fillet with a very sharp knife until approx 2 cm thick slices and the slices in any size cube.
- The shallots, peel and quarter or eighth - cut - the gherkins in approx. 3 mm thick slices.
- Now heated for You in a pan 1 tablespoon of butter, give the shallots into it, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and dünstest you about 4 minutes until nicely brown.
- Now stir the Dijon mustard and the chopped gherkins briefly below , and deletes with 3 TABLESPOONS of cucumber water and 150 ml of Beef stock from. The Whole for 10 minutes to reduce until the liquid is almost boiled away, is.
- Now comes the cream and the Creme Fraiche into it and You can it on a very low level quite easily be allowed to brew.
- Meanwhile, do You season the beef fillet cubes with a little salt, heated in another pan with 1 TBSP ghee and fry the cubes on high for about 1.5 minutes per side-serving way. Then You give it to the sauce.NOTE: The beef tenderloin cubes , You should, in any case, in two portions fry. Because if You give the whole fillet in the pan, do not quickly forms liquid, because the soil heat is not sufficient for the many meat. Then cook the meat instead of frying and it is tough. The beef fillet is cooked through Rest or in the sauce after.
- The Gravy (depending on the type of acetabular Cup a lot or a little) to delete You with the rest of the Beef stock from, allows him to bring to a quick boil and stir 1 teaspoon of Butter below.
- The resulting light sauce You give to Your Rahmgulasch, verrührst it all together and taste it with salt and coarse black pepper to taste from.
- I wish you a good appetite!